Nickel alloy fasteners are widely used due to their strength and ductility. Nickel superalloys exhibit high strength coupled with high temperature resistance and are used for high stress, high heat applications. Wrought nickel alloys are characterized by their anti-corrosive properties as well as the high strength and temperature resistance properties found in the other nickel alloys. Monel, Hastelloy and Inconel are widely used wrought alloys. While they do produce high strength fasteners, nickel alloy screws, bolts, nuts and studs are difficult to machine and require special handling to avoid work hardening and brittleness.
Nickel 200 Fasteners
- Nickel alloy fasteners is a solid-solution strengthening pure nickel alloy containing 99.6% nickel precisely. It gives good resistance to various reducing chemicals and alkaline solutions in high-temperature areas. The nickel content is sufficient to protect against chloride-induced stress corrosion cracking.
- Nickel Fasteners provide strength, stability, and durability to fasteners installed in industrial environments with operating temperatures below 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Nickel Fasteners provide excellent dry fluorine resistance in areas where toxic and volatile gases are present.
Application of Nickel Fasteners
- Nickel alloy fasteners exhibit good electrical and thermal conductivity. Electrical conductivity improves the efficiency and durability of fasteners installed in harsh environments such as water treatment and desalination equipment.
- Thermal conductivity provides resistance to heat, stress, and pressure. It allows the fasteners to absorb sound and vibration, which is important for heat-generating devices.
- Choosing the right Nickel Fasteners is a very important decision. One should consider the following factors before installing them:
- Installation Process.
- Adjacent Elements.
- Weight Restrictions.
Industries that use Nickel Fasteners
- Chemical Industry- Bubble Cap Tray Column, Hot Air Generators, Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers, Centrifugal Machines, Chemical Vessel Reactors.
- Aerospace Industry- Transition ducts, Aerospace Liners, Instrumentation Components, Gas Turbines Rotary, blades.
- Marine Industry- Decontrol Drives, Electronic Controls, Monitoring and Services, Electric Heating, Harmonic Mitigation Filters.
- Food Processing Industry- Pulp tank, waste heat exchanger, food processing, fruit washing machine, bleaching machine.